Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sylvia




For many years I operated under the false notion that if I couldn't do it, I didn't need it. Every now and then I revert to thinking that way especially when it comes to sewing. I surely won't buy it if there's any way I think I can make it.
One of my favorite blogs and sources of inspiration is "Doll" the blog of Mimi Kirchner who is an absolute wizard with fabric. Once I saw her babies I was hooked and ran (with my scissors of course) to purchase the needed wool felt. Where I live we have two seasons. Summer and red-hot scorching summer. Wool of any sort is pretty much illegal here but I found it online at Weir Crafts and before long had this sweet little swaddle baby that I named Sylvia just because she looked like a Sylvia. Little did I know that Sylvia is Latin for woods but my Latin-savvy daughter pointed out the appropriateness of her name. Like my own girls, Sylvia is petite. Just under 12" tall and with no flopping arms or legs, she's just the right size for snuggling with my little grandgirls. No pattern. Just let your imagination run wild....with scissors, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment